No products in the basket.
Have you tried every diet you can imagine, but still no result or extra pounds keep coming back? We will give you 10 easy steps that will change your life. These easy to follow changes will help you to lose weight and also keep healthy weight for life.
- Drink water – Keep yourself hydrated with water. Avoid fizzy or sweet sugary drinks, including “sugar free” drinks. They will mess up your blood sugar balance. If you are a coffee drinker, add an extra glass of water for every cup you drink, but try not to go over 3 cups a day.
- Eat complex carbohydrates – Complex carbs release more slowly into your bloodstream and keep your energy levels steady. Avoid simple carbs like refined sugars, white bread, pasta, rice etc and have more wholegrain bread, pasta, oats, brown rice.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables – Aim for 5 a day and when you have mastered that, build it up to at least 7 a day (ideally 5 portions of veg and 2 fruit). You have probably heard it a million times, but eat the rainbow, variety of different colourful fruits and vegetables. The best is to eat seasonal.
- Have protein with every meal – Protein keeps you full for longer and it is so important for your body. You need it for immunity, recovery, your skin etc.
- Eat good quality fats – Include good quality olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and seeds. If you eat fish, include oily fish at least once a week.
- Limit alcohol – Even if you eat super healthy, alcohol can hinder your weight loss and can lead to weight gain.
- Avoid processed foods – This is a mistake that most people make when on diet. Instead of counting calories, fill your plate with the right nutrients. If you stick to categories that we mentioned above, you will eat more real food and less sugar, additives etc.
- Everything in moderation – You can have treats occasionally but when you do, go for good quality and really enjoy it. The Internet is full of recipes on how to make your favorites in a healthy way by using more natural ingredients.
- Exercising – Moving your body is as important as eating healthy, if lifting weights is not an option for you, doing some cardio workouts like walking, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming are also great options.
- One step at the time – Forget “the diet starts tomorrow”, by doing that you set yourself up for failure. Start with one small change from the list above and when you have mastered it take another one and so on.
It takes 21 days to break the habit so be realistic about how quickly you can make changes. You can achieve your goals only if you work towards them consistently.