No products in the basket.
(Average reading time: 3 minutes)
CBD stands for cannabidiol found in hemp and marijuana plant (cannabis). Both plants belong to the same plant family. CBD derived from the hemp plant won’t get you high, compared to marijuana plants that contain THC.
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis and causes the getting “high” feeling that is often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive.
This makes CBD a great option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the psychoactive effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs. CBD has given very positive results on relieving certain pain, nausea, anxiety, sleep problems and more. Based on current research, CBD is considered to be relatively safe to use.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the hemp plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like olive or hemp seed oil.
What are the available forms of CBD?
If you buy CBD oil, extract or any other CBD product, it’s highly likely to be a mixture of CBD and other cannabinoids. Always read the label and try to opt for good quality brands, especially in countries where CBD marketing is poorly regulated.
- CBD Isolate – In the process of making it all other plant compounds are removed, by ending up having zero THC. Hence, it’s an excellent choice for athletes who demand pure CBD.
- Raw CBD – You can benefit from the whole plant as it has no processing or filtration.
- Decarboxylated CBD – Converts acidic cannabinoids present in cannabis into non-acidic cannabinoids by using heat, but not entirely 100% of acid cannabinoids are converted. Almost all CBD products have gone through the decarboxylation process in order to release most of the therapeutic benefits CBD contains.
- Filtered CBD -In the filtration process all plant parts and THC are removed, which increases the concentration of CBD by about 25%.
- Complete CBD – There is no regulation in the cannabis industry to define the level of the Complete CBD, hence we recommend carefully read the label. Some of the Complete CBD may be processed differently such as to undergo nanoemulsion encapsulation which increases bioavailability and assists CBD along with other components to enter the body more quickly.
CBD oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits which may affect skin inflammation and dryness positively. CBD may also have an effect in fighting acne. Hence CBD Isolate is best for facial skin as it is pure and does not clog the pores.
CBD in sport
CBD has the potential to manage pain and aid recovery processes which have skyrocketed the interest of professional athletes. Athletes should opt for CBD products which are derived from hemp to meet THC limits regulated by the government or organizations. In the UK THC level must stay below 0.2 percent.
CBD products are often mixed with other substances to increase the chance of the desired outcome. Athletes are encouraged to read the label to understand if CBD product ingredients contain prohibited cannabinoids such as THC, CBN, CBG, etc and ideally opt for CBD products clinically tested.
CBD is good at reducing inflammation and neuropathic pain. Researchers think that CBD interacts with a core component of the ECS — endocannabinoid receptors in your brain and immune system. These receptors are tiny proteins attached to your cells. They receive signals, mostly chemical ones, from different stimuli and help your cells respond. This response creates anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects that help with pain management. This means that CBD oil and other products may benefit people with chronic pain, such as chronic back pain.
CBD in small doses has shown to help alleviate vomiting, nausea. CBD also helps to ease anxiety which could help to battle chronic nausea.
CBD is strongly linked with anti-stress effects, by reducing stress and helping to lower depression levels. CBD has also demonstrated to have an effect on serotonin receptors, which produce an antidepressant and antianxiety effects.
Anxiety and sleep
CBD has shown very positive signs to make people feel more relaxed, reduce anxiety and insomnia. In a study, 103 adults were treated with CBD for anxiety and sleep complaints. Anxiety decreased within the first month in 79 percent of patients and sleep improved by 67 percent. After the first-month anxiety remained decreased and sleep remained fluctuated during the study duration.
Many doctor’s theory is that inflammation may be brought down by taking CBD oils combined with an anti-inflammatory diet. Some of the anti-inflammatory foods are berries, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, nuts, whole grains, beans and much more.
CBD is also promoting the endocannabinoid system which aids in uptaking food, supporting gut mobility and a healthy metabolism.
Having a healthy diet and therefore a strong gut wall is the first step towards a healthy gut. A weak gut wall will mix up healthy and bad bacteria ratio and trigger inflammation in the digestive tract and beyond. CBD is also believed to repair and promote building healthy gut wall. Additionally, CBD has shown promising results in preventing the damage of intestinal lining.
CBD can also help to relieve gut discomfort such as nausea, vomiting, stomach swelling and bloating. CBD studies have shown promising results on hyper-motility in mice. CBD has been linked to helping with Irritable Bowel Syndrome too.
Another possible therapeutic application is the use of CBD to treat drug addiction. CBD may have therapeutic properties on opioid, cocaine, cannabis, tobacco and psychostimulants addiction. Like with the rest of the promising results in CBD, further research is needed.
Sensitivity to CBD
So far, there hasn’t been any scientific large-based study to prove any major long-term CBD risks. It doesn’t mean that CBD is harmless, but it simply means that researchers haven’t encountered anything major yet. However, some people may be more sensitive to different CBD products and experience:
- Changes in weight or appetite
CBD for dogs
CBD for dogs is pretty similar level with CBD on humans – a lot of large based studies are required. CBD products from hemp are considered relatively safe, compared to products from marijuana plants which could be toxic for dogs. However, many dog owners are already using CBD for their dogs and there’s a lot of positive feedback. CBD Oil is definitely useful for relaxation and anxiety. CBD has a positive effect on seizure, immune system, digestive health and joints require long term studies.
Due to the nature of dogs, it’s easier to administer CBD tincture or CBD oil which you could hide in the food. Obviously, there are crackers and other treats, but what if your dog is picky about the taste?
Whatever CBD product you pick we recommend to always read the label.
- Don’t opt for cheap products. For a well-established market, lower the cost, lower the purity of CBD.
- Look for organic CBD products. Ideally, you would like to buy organic CBD or at least CBD which is free from heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Product analysis or certificate. The manufacturer of CBD should ideally have tested its product independently and made analysis available. On the labels, CBD and THC contents have to be very clear. We recommend choosing CBD derived from hemp.
All Epiczen oils are 100% natural and organic. We do not allow the use of any pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, genetically modified products or growth hormones to be used anywhere in our production process.
Not only is our hemp organically grown, but it has also been selectively and naturally bred to ensure that its CBD content far outweighs that of normal hemp – boosting the power and purity of EpicZen’s oil.
All of our CBD oil is lab-tested. We test for CBD content, other cannabinoids, contaminants, dangerous bacteria, mould and funguses to ensure both safety and quality.
EpicZen CBD Shop